Anything that happens, happens.
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
~ Douglas Adams
Most people do not comprehend,
[no matter how] they encounter such things,
nor do they understand what they learn;
they believe only themselves.
Every thought is a seed.
If you plant crab apple, don’t count on harvesting Golden Delicious.
~ Bill Meyer
All the lessons of history in four sentences:
Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad with power.
The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small.
The bee fertilizes the flower it robs.
When it is dark enough, you can see stars.
~ Charles A. Beard
In the spirit of Thirty and Thirty-Five comes Forty-Two — the following awesome, beautiful, and creative web of thoughts that occupy my brain.
I’m not patient enough to write poetry or prose, so I’ll just count down after Futurama.
Don’t you worry about life, the universe, and everything; let me worry about blank…
42. We believe in the interconnectedness of all things.
41. Everything is about inclusion.
40. Everything is everythang.
39. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
38. As human beings, our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
37. Let it go. This too shall pass.
35. Lessons are repeated until they are learned.
34. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
33. Reflect on happiness.
32. People are very bad at predicting what will make us happy.
31. There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.
30. We are feedback loops. We are the stories we tell ourselves.
29. Love is when you open your heart to pain.
28. To get over grief, be there for someone else’s grief.
27. Kittie heaven is mousie hell.
26. Bird is the word!
25. The ride does not require an explanation. Just occupants.
24. It’s not going to stop till you wise up.
23. Character is destiny.
22. Reflection creates identity.
21. You can do anything.
20. We can change the world with a pen and paper.
19. Starting is hard.
18. We’ll see.
17. Life is… delicious ambiguity.
16. Beware drift. Do what you love!
15. True happiness comes from within.
14. Get yourself a giant panda! (Super kawaii!)
13. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
12. That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.
11. It goes to 11. (Be sure to read through to Andy Weir’s story, “The Egg”!)
10. Life is like business. It’s 20 percent what happens to you, and 80 percent how you respond.
9. 80 percent of success is showing up.
8. Our attitudes produce our luck.
7. Love more, fear less.
6. Be grateful for every breath.
5. Be who you are, as hard as you can.
4. Be here now.
3. Be excellent.
2. There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
1. Only kindness matters in the end.
********* …enlightenment… *********