We draw on inspiration from Jim Harbaugh:
Who’s got it better than us? NOBODY!
I repeatedly watch 0:55 into this clip…
I’m sad that Harbaugh hasn’t tweeted his philosophy recently.
That philosophy was imbued in Jim and his brother John “early on, an approach, a way of looking at things in terms of football, or life… That comes from our parents.”
Their dad Jack Harbaugh would chauffeur the boys to school each day and utter the same 20 words:
Ok, men, grab your lunchboxes and attack this day with an enthusiasm UNKNOWN TO MANKIND.
And don’t take any wooden nickels.
They turned out to be words to live by.
“In this world, you can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative,” Jack Harbaugh says. “You can choose to see things through a set of eyes that sees good or you can choose to see things in life that aren’t so good.
“At least every day, they were reminded to look at it through a positive set of eyes. Let the lens of your eyes be positive.“
We try to stay positive as PandaWhale navigates our creative process to create a masterpiece.
Like Alex Smith after a 27-yard QB sweep!
So in honor of PandaWhale’s anniversary, here are 11 of my favorite #Harbaughisms:
11. “I don’t like that kind of football where you try and talk and intimidate. It’s not real. You play with your feet, your legs, you play with your hands. Just play football. Shut up and play football.“
10. “I just like being the guy who throws the rocks at the beehive every now and then.”
9. “I didn’t want to be in any kind of comfort zone. I didn’t want to be in any kind of guaranteed situation. The fact that it was uncharted waters, try to figure out ways to do things, gave me energy.“
8. “I don’t take vacations. I don’t get sick. I don’t observe major holidays. I’m a jackhammer.”
7. “As long as everything that’s said is said against us, we feel a certain assurance of success. It’s when they go the other way, when flowery words of praise start to be heaped upon us — that’s when we start to feel exposed before our enemies.”
5. “We’re not sustaining a gosh darn thing. We despise the word sustaining. We despise the word satisfaction.“
3. “We want to win with numbing repetition.“
2. “Attack this endeavor with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.” (“EUTM” comes from Jack Harbaugh.)
It’s worth reading Jack Harbaugh’s story of “Who’s got it better than us? Noooo-body.”
To this day, it gets Jim Harbaugh all fired up.
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.
Nobody has it better than us. NOOOO-BODY!!!
And on that note, it’s back to the creative process we go, to create a better “masterpiece”…
Go Niners! Go Niners! Go Niners!
Meanwhile, special props to the 49ers Special Teams for being DELIGHTFULLY QUIRKY!
The 49ers Special Teams Unit can be seen dancing before every kickoff to a song by Future called “Tony Montana” …
Who dances better than us? NOBODY!