A recent conversation on Twitter with Kelly Perdew revealed that…
- Yahoo! serves 10B ads per day.
- Yahoo! tracked 1.6m online users for 8 weeks and found that 90% made offline purchases with advertisers. Their stat according to Kelly? $1 ad spend on Yahoo! resulted in $10 of sales offline.
- Yahoo!’s $6.5b in annual revenues make it currently worth $23 billion.
- CEO Carol Bartz says Yahoo! has 600 million users, and “connecting to people is the bottom line.”
Which got me thinking.
Facebook always had pageviews, but now it has CASHFLOW thanks to Pages & LIKEs, and the ads that connect them.
Facebook LIKEs to do six impossible things before breakfast…
- Facebook recently figured out its business model, and passed $1 billion in annual revenues,
- So 2010 is a “serious year” for Facebook.
- But don’t get sentimental about it….
- Because Facebook’s revenues are still mostly ads.
- Then Facebook passed Google in traffic last week.
- As a result, Facebook could now be worth $40 billion.
Facebook now has much more usage than Yahoo (and the other 98 biggest Web sites combined), on the backs of 400 million users 500 million users. And thanks to Facebook Pages, Facebook will eventually make mo’ money than Yahoo! …
But wait, there’s more:
- Whales and Lobsters: Facebook and Twitter and CASH, oh my!
- Pandas and Lobsters: Why Google Cannot Make Social Applications
- Top 10 Ridiculous Facebook Pages and More Ridiculous Pages
- Facebook Passes $1.4 Billion in Annual Sales… in 2010
- The Case for a $50 Billion Facebook
- How Facebook can become Bigger in 5 Years than Google is Today